Today I have upgraded my Google Chrome browser to a new version which was v15, and after that my browser wont start.
After googling around i have found another way to run Google Chrome.
Following instructions at http://macles.blogspot.com/2009/05/google-chrome-chromium-for-linux.html this is what I’ve done:
- downloaded the latest snapshot of chrome from
- unziped it into /opt using 7za
- created a directory libs in /opt/chrome-linux
- created a symbolic link to:
ln -s /lib/libbz2.so.1 /opt/chrome-linux/libs/libbz2.so.1.0
- created script file chrome.sh:
- make chrome.sh available for non-root users:
chmod 755 /opt/chrome-linux/chrome.sh
After that my Google Chrome (Chromium) browser was ready to run 🙂
Below is a screenshot of that: