Today I want to show you how to install Microsoft Windows Server 2019 on Proxmox VE.
- First we need to setup a new environment for our Microsoft Windows Server 2019 by clicking “Create VM” button
- Now we need to give ID of the VM and name for it
- Here we have to choose the guest OS Type, storage and ISO image
- Now it’s time to choose SCSI adapter for our VM
It is recommended to choose SCSI Controller like this: VirtIO SCSI
- In this step we have to choose the SCSI options.
Once again it is recommended to choose Bus/Device: SCSI, and Cache: Write back.
Here we can also choose our Storage place and Disk size.
- Here we have to setup CPU setting for our VM
- Memory settings
- Network settings
Since I have here two NIC’s – one for administration (1GBit), second one for VM machines (10GBit) – I choosed the vmbr1 interface bridge to get 10GBit on that. To achieve this I had to choose VirtIO (paravirtualized) which offers 10GBit Lan.
If you use VirtIO devices such as Netword and HDD we don’t wan’t to tick the Start after created option. We have to add something to our VM.
- Additional settings
Now we have to add a new hardware device which is CD/DVD Drive for all VirtIO drivers which you can download them from here.
- We have to choose the ISO file from our storage.
- And now we are ready to run our Microsoft Windows Server 2019 on Proxmox VE
In the next part I will try to show you how to install Microsoft Windows Server 2019 on that VM machine.