Few weeks ago i have upgraded my wife’s Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070 from Android 2.3.6 to 4.1.2 using branded (P4) rom. My wife hates me for that because her phone slows dooooown….
I decided to install her new Android 4.4.2 Kitkat ROM (the same which i have on my Nexus 5). Below are step how i do this (of course it could’nt be done without googling the net)
- Create backup of all stuff which where on my wife’s phone.
- Root the phone by downloading this file root.zip and put it on SD card (root folder / is the best).
- Reboot the phone to recovery by powering it off and then VolumeUp + Home + Power
- Select Install update from external storage and select root.zip.
- After reboot you will have rooted device. Next step is to load ClockWorkMod Recovery (temporary). Download it from here → update.zip.
- After that download Carbon_Janice_KK-4.4.2_Build8_22.03.14.zip which contains latest Android 4.4.2 and Google Apps 20140105
- All files (update.zip, Carbon_Janice_KK-4.4.2_Build8_22.03.14.zip and GApps) put on SD card.
- Reboot to recovery and select install update from external storage →select update.zip.
- You phone would automatically reboot to ClockWorkMod Recovery.
- Perform wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition.
- Go to Advanced and select wipe dalvik cache.
- Go back to main menu and select install zip from SD card, next select choose zip from SD card and choose Android 4.4.2 rom file.
- Do the same with GApps.
- Reboot your phone →it will load about 5-10minutes.
- Enjoy your Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070 Phone running Android 4.4.2 Kitkat 🙂